Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Cheer

Here comes the time of year when everyone you meet is kind, and the smell of cookies always seems to be in the air. Downside? You have to shovel every once in a while. Upside? Everything else. Actually, lately I've been liking the idea of shoveling piles of snow off to the side of the driveway, it makes me feel like I'm getting a decent upper body workout. And I never force myself to quit. Unless I'm tired.*

Christmas candy in the house, brothers home from university, family visiting for dinner, track workouts getting earlier in the night, sleeping in later than usual; it's all good. I'll keep this short and sweet as I wish everyone happy holidays, and a fun-filled new years eve. Now I leave you with my favourite running quotes of the past year.

*"I'm not a quitter, I'm just tired." - Emma Galbraith (3 time ofsaa gold medalist)

"If I enjoyed running I'd go slower!" - Ruth Burrowes (ofsaa gold medalist in our hearts)

"The practice you miss in September is the race you lose in June." - Shannon Walton

Just had to add this one..
"I don't smack girls, unless they're bitches." - Adam Palamar (2 time ofsaa gold medalist, silver medalist)
You always know how to lay down the law, Palamar.

-Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment