Thursday, December 2, 2010

A new season over, a new season begun

It's that time of year again when the morning joggers get swept off the streets and replaced by the men and women who thrive off of running in spandex and compression socks. We see the races move indoors as the track season begins and the spikes get thrown in the closet to make room for a new lighter-feeling shoe that you got for Christmas.

We've already seen some impressive performances by 16 year old Adam Palamar, and 18 year old Rob Asselstine in the 3k, sprouting an 8:34 and 8:41, respectively. Look out for these kids, they'll leave you in awe as they lap you four times in the 1500. Hope to see more astonishing runs in the months to come.

As for me, I've been told by my physiotherapist to start running some easy k's, hopefully work my way back up from the good ol' knee injury that kept me lying around for the past two months. The only glimpse of racing I've watched lately was nats last weekend, having the honour of seeing Proudfoot work the hills, and Sikubwabo wash away a few seniors. Speaking of Yves, that kid's a hoot to hang around with.

Off for a night run to boost my confidence.
As Harrison Sloan would say, "BELIEVE"

- Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment