Sunday, April 10, 2011

No one can do everything

The weather's warming up and it's the perfect temperature for outdoor runs. You know what I'm talkin about; say goodbye to those cold cold cold days when you had to decide if it was worth piling on clothes just to run for 30 minutes. And if you wanted to be warm you could just go to the gym, but really, go to the gym? Treadmill's suck. The sun is on your side now, it's scaring away the snow so that you can put on a pair of running shoes and cruise through fields of grass. Here's my favourite part though.. there's some things about outdoor running that I just can't do. Let me explain further.

I can't do snot rockets. I know, I'm a runner. I'm on the roads and track 6 times a week, I have time to practice. But every time I try to shoot snot out of my nose it gets caught on my shirt or the wind just blows it back in my face. So, realistically, I don't try that very often cause snot is pretty disgusting.

I can't finish slow. I can't be 400 metres from my house after 50 minutes of running and not sprint. Maybe you're different and can keep your pace, but I just feel like I have to be tired by the end or something. I live at the top of a hill too, so I always gotta give some sort of push at the end. It's just one of those things.

I can't cross my eyes. I guess that doesn't really have anything to do with running, but I wish I could do it.

I can't focus on one thing. My mind wanders from the lady at her front door, to the red glare of the stop sign, to the lines on the road, back to the lady, down to my watch, then up in the trees. If I only I was this visual while driving.. sheesh I'd have my lisence by now. Unlike outside, I can focus on the track cause there's only one thing to look at. I think I have ADHD.

Just my Sunday thoughts. Happy running.
Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment