Sunday, May 1, 2011

Magically Fast

Have you ever wondered what it'd be like to run really fast and not try very hard? Have you ever believed that it wasn't possible unless you were superhuman or Usain Bolt? Have you ever just wished you were Harry Potter and you could cast a spell to make you run faster? Yea well, me too.

This happened to me yesterday. We were at Mooney's Bay track doing a workout for the first time this season and Vince told us to get our spikes on and run 2x200m at 1500m pace. I was so relaxed for the first one that I thought, if anything, this was gonna be a slow 200. I went through in 27 seconds then turned to Alex beside me and laughed about it; not believing it was my real time. I tried to tell him that we started at the wrong spot and that it wasn't a full 200 metres... cause I don't just run 27s for no reason. He proved me wrong and made me look like a fool in no time. The next one was 28, I didn't know what to say.

Next was 4x400m at 3k pace. We came through 4 seconds faster than what I was lookin for, but it felt like we were 4 seconds slow. There was even a wind on the back stretch. I coulda gone that fast for the rest of the workout, it was abnormal. We were basically going as fast as Harry on his Nimbus 2000. Let's just hope the same thing happens at the meets this month.

Every blog post needs a couple HP references.
So happy May 1st, and may the force be with you.
Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment