Thursday, May 19, 2011

NCSSAA Day 2

Off to East Regions we go. Congratulations to everyone who qualified, next week's gonna be big. The meet is gonna be held here in Ottawa for the first time in a while, so holla to anyone around town.

Today was something special. I learned that you can be puking 20 minutes prior to your race and still come first in the city (thanks Mickey Day). I learned that a certain someone loves receiving candy from people, but always spits it out when the person looks away (thanks Yves Sikubwabo). I also learned that being boxed in feels really epic once you escape from the pack. Nuff said.

Came second in the 1500 today with Alex very close behind. Wish I could say Yves was behind me but I'm not sure it's possible for him to run over 4 minutes. Our slow start caused a slow middle, which caused a fast end; finishing in 4:11. Berhe and I were alright with the run. I'm sure we were both feeling we coulda gone harder just so we could have a decent qualifying time, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I hate cookies. I'm in to crackers these days. Gold fish. Well, I don't hate cookies, I think I just love to hate them.

That's all. Happy long weekend.
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment