Wednesday, June 29, 2011

#summerswag

You're in grade 6, the countdown is on; "10, 9, 8.." the anticipation is seeping through your whole body and wrapping around your limbs. "7, 6, 5.." adrenaline now takes over and tightens up your muscles. "4, 3, 2.." control is no longer yours, your heart has taken over and will now make every move for you. "1!" you scream; your heart pumping more than it ever has before, even more than when the teacher came around to check the homework that you never did. This was summer in elementary school.

"Screw it, I have 10 minutes left and this is my last exam. I'm outa here." This is summer in high school.

I can only imagine what it'll be like in a few years getting out in April. The future is ours.

I was talking to my mom earlier today about living the life I wanna live. I think after university I wanna go somewhere, somewhere big. I wanna do something that really defines life as something more than making money to feed my children. Of course I still believe education is essential, running is fun, food is good, music is beautiful, family is lovely. But I'm pretty sure there's something telling me to move on from eating goldfish in front of the tv before going out with my friends.

The first step to this life decision is initiative. What is initiative? Dictionary.com defines initiative as the power or opportunity to act or take charge before others do. Like.. growing a beard? (click on the picture for a bigger image)
This is 5 days in, I hope you can see the scruff. If not, at least you know I'm trying. This facial hair will be my challenge for the next month or two, or until I get sick of it. The ladies don't seem to be lovin' the effort, but I know guys can appreciate it. When life gives you lemons, make some good freakin' lemonade.
Peace,
Skawty D

1 comment: