Monday, August 8, 2011

Here We Go

Here we go. It's been too long since I wrote a post. But that's because I haven't had anything interesting to write about. I also have priorities. So get outa my face.

This past weekend were the Youth National Track and Field Championships held here in Ottawa. I decided to skip out on this meet cause I didn't feel fit enough to compete with the guys I usually race with. Now, I see what you're thinking. "Wow this guy's a freakin' loser.. and a coward too. Why am I reading his blog?" But stop for a second. I have reasons why I did not compete against the other fabulous runners in our wonderful country.

Here we go.

I've been 'out' for about a month nursing a foot injury that came to me in early July. Since then I've been running, but not so much that I would be in any shape to run as well as I would like to. I mean, I like to show off my times when I know that I've tried my hardest and done the best that I can do. So if I don't have the physical fitness to run at my best pace, I'm not going to hurt my foot any farther by trying. Hope that makes sense.

Along with that, I was asked by my coach at Ottawa Lions to run this race because it would be my last year to be eligable for Youth Nats. I had to tell him no because I would've been racing off of one workout in 3 weeks. Hollaa, not down.

And most of all, I don't really care. Next year is when I'm gonna be showing my stuff. If I have to prove anything to anyone, it's going to happen when I want it most. Next year.

So here we go. Following up the Youth Nats which ended yesterday, I'm just gonna say congrats to P-mar for posting an 8:30 and taking gold in the 3k, and respect to Eamonn Kitchuk for surprising everyone with a 3:52 in the 1500m. Once again, this was another meet with tons of shattered records and interesting outcomes. I don't know about y'all, but I was inspired.

Ps I went for a run today and it was sick. I felt really relaxed and quick on my feet. Some call it my slick style, some call it my rad form, and some call it my ill personality. But I just call it my running swag.

Peace
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment