Saturday, October 15, 2011

I Hit the Escalator

Lots of runners talk about "hitting the wall" when they've come to a point in the race when they just can't run anymore. Last Saturday I hit the escalator. A down escalator while I was trying to run up.

Picture it. You're using all of your energy trying to get up the escalator, but you're hardly moving because the escalator's going down. If you try really hard you might be able to get somewhere, but then it's game over and your body collapses. I hope you realize that this is all just one big metaphor.

It was the St. Lawrence invitational. I was running and people were passing me on the elevator. Or they were just taking the stairs because anything is more efficient than moving the opposite direction on an escalator. I think we all learned that fact at the age of 4. And I think we all had the mall cops turn off the escalators because we were being a nuisance to the other shoppers.. Oh just me? Awkward.

Great course. Tough race. I finished within the top 10 percent of the uni runners so that's all I could've asked for.

In other news, today was pre-ofsaa. There were some solid runs, and there were some upsets.
But that's cross country baby. West Conference next week.

Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment