Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NC's and Movember

So the city meet went well. It was a step up from west conference.
Twice as many people. Twice as much media. Twice as much hype.

It was a brisk 7k run along the frost-covered grass. The run was smooth and relaxed; I felt good. Another 3rd place finish kept me satisfied. A few of us were able to shave up to a minute off our times from last week which gives us confidence in running a strong race this Saturday at OFSAA. The competition will be challenging, and the pace will be fast. That's all I'm gonna say.

In other news, welcome to a new month! A month of unity among men, and hair among faces. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up every once in a while so that I can share my mogress*[see below] with you. Kudos to everyone participating this Movember. Now.. an issue that's come up the past few days is DO YOU HAVE TO SHAVE AT THE BEGINNING OF NOVEMBER? Many people say yes, including me. That's the point of "No Shave November" (a trending topic on twitter by the way). You shave at the start of the month, or else you're cheating. I'm not saying that it's a competition, but it kind of is.

Sources say that it is cheating. Who are my sources you ask?
1. My friends. I have had many different people state the rules to me, one of which is that the hair must start growing between October 31st and November 1st.

2. Kiss FM. --> 105.3 FM radio to be precise. They stated the exact same thing, adding the fact that we're all doing this for a good cause. So follow the God damn rules.

My brother Sam. He tweeted the other day that anyone who starts growing their Movember hair early probably has no friends. I think that pretty much sums it up.

*moustache progress [see above]

ttyl
scotty d

5 comments:

  1. Goodluck at OFSAA!!!!!!
    hehe look forward to seeing your progress of Movember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great race on Saturday! Shows that all the hard work payed off, and the home course advantage also helped. Just wondering what other sports your up to this year, other than track? Any xc skiing? Also any plans on what school, you'll be attending next fall, Queens, U of G? My apologies if you're only in gr.11.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope I'll just be doing track this year, not too much of a skier. As for schools, no decision's been made yet. I'd love to be running for Queens, Guelph, or even Western, but I'll just have to see which schools are a good fit for me, academically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dear, are you in fact visiting this web site
    on a regular basis, if so after that you will without doubt
    obtain pleasant know-how.

    Look into my site - small local business directory
    My site > small business yellow pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting
    more from this website, and your views are good in favor of new
    people.

    Also visit my web blog - academic essay

    ReplyDelete