Monday, November 7, 2011

OFSAA

I could give a recap on Saturday's race, or I could tell you what impressed me instead.

What impressed me was the number of people who showed up to watch. Maybe I should be used to this by now, but crowds of people scare me. Well, not just crowds of people, but crowds of people screaming. There's something odd about having hundreds of people yell at you at the same time. I never quite know if they're mad at me, if they're happy to see me, or if they're just plain mean people. Heck, maybe I forgot to do the dishes that morning and my mom convinced everyone to scream uncontrollably as I run by them. That'd be the last time I forget about the pots and pans for a while..


What impressed me was Mr. Flanagan's 7230 metre run. Ben lost his left shoe less than 1k into the race and still managed to beat 242 other guys, including me. This kid's in grade 11. The best part is that when I went up to him after the race, he still had a smile on his face, because he set a fast pace, even without a shoelace.


What impressed me was the lineups for the portapotties. Or I guess not-so-much impressed me. Sheesh, you'd think they could send a couple more out to the site next time. I had to wait in line for a good 20 minutes behind a few young girls taking selfies and filming each other at their first ofsaa. I mean, don't get me wrong, your very first ofsaa is super cool, but it's not as cool after I smack you over the head for annoying the crap outa me. No one's patient when they need to pee.

The video below has some of the "highlights" from the senior boys race. All the other races can be found on the left side of that web page. I think the end is pretty cool when the video goes mute; it makes for a dramatic finish. That's just my opinion.


OFSAA Cross Country Championships - Videos - Senior Boys Race Highlights - OFSAA Cross Country Championships 2011

OTFA's this weekend.
S.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment