Thursday, October 18, 2012

Interlock

There aren't very high predictions this year for St FX cross country. We're just the farm kids out east running through cows and hopping over fences. We're the team full of misfits. We're the guys and girls who go out on our long runs and drink the river water when we get thirsty.

No website or university has our men's team ranked better than 8th, and our conference has taken a few rough comments, one of which being called an "informal gathering of like-minded lobster farmers".

But enough of dissing my own school.

Here's why X is one of the top contenders in London 2012:

We know how to run.

I'm sorry if you were expecting any more than that. Pretty lame reason. Pretty far from awesome. Kinda like going to a bar and ordering a PBR, but then getting a bottle of FatTire instead, what a terrible disappointment! Sup Watson? (www.leblogdurob.com)

Time for a recap of UNB. Ahh Fredericton. Such a beautiful city, where the grass is green and the girls are above average. We knew this would be the team's biggest challenge yet, having won our first 3 meets more easily than Adele capturing the souls of millions. Laval was coming over from Q-town and they were tryin' to set fire to our rane. 

Luckily for us the french boys made a little video of the event for everyone to watch. I can be spotted a few times in the mix, finishing 3rd for the team with our 4th and 5th guys right behind. X took home silver but we made it a close race, hopefully giving Laval a bit of a scare.

Here's the race:

St FX will be at CIS.
St FX will run.
St FX will be noticed.

Until next time,
- S.D.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one!

    It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

    Take a look at my weblog ... paving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

    Also visit my blog post - paving
    my web page :: thursday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes
    it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more
    often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Exceptional work!

    my homepage: road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?

    There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers

    my homepage ... acoss.Org.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new
    to me. Anyways, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be
    bookmarking and checking back frequently!

    Here is my blog post ... weblog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! It seems as though we both have a interest for the same thing.

    Your blog, "Blogger: scott donald" and mine are very
    similar. Have you ever considered authoring a guest post for a similar blog?

    It will unquestionably help gain publicity to your
    blog (my website recieves a lot of traffic). If you are interested, contact me at:
    melissadexter@freenet.de. Thanks for your time

    Take a look at my page pc

    ReplyDelete